re initial project plan
Ok, so I’m going to go back to my initial project plan and re assess things.
project wiki: containing basic information of the overall project. I will be updating it more frequently throughout 0.2 and 0.3.
- 0.1: Bug #226
While researching my first initial processing.js bug, I noticed when there was a comment // inside a character string, the parser would be happy to remove it, which is only the beginning. If there is ANYTHING inside a string that resembled code or keywords, it would break. the parser would grab the keyword, and change it to javasctipt. For example:
text("int i = 0;", 0, 15);
would then be parsed to:
text("var i = 0;", 0, 15);
After noticing this, I went right to the bug tracking system and found this. The bug I, myself just found. So, I’m going to complete that for my 0.1. I will also implement automated test cases for it.
- 0.2: Bugs #133 and #230.
These have been bumped to 0.2 from 0.1. I will also do automated test cases for these too.
- 0.3: TBD.
I hope with the experience I have gained, I can do three bugs, and implement automated test cases for them as well.
I’ve got down the process involved in doing this, and I hope to start back on 0.2 as soon as possible, Monday at the latest. It’s best to start small, and start early. This stuff is not something that, for me, can always be accomplished in one night.